Mision and vision of the APC
We effectively support Polish cities in their efforts to develop socially and economically, and disseminate good practices in modern and innovative governance of communities of citizens. We work with a number of public and private entities to create the best possible conditions for cities enabling them to provide public services of the highest quality.
Vision of the APC
A strong and effective country-wide organisation of local governments bringing together cities with common goals.Why is it worth becoming a member of the Association of Polish Cities?
We can influence legislation
- We are involved in legislative lobbying thanks to the participation of the Association’s representatives in the work of the Joint Government and Territorial Self-Government Commission, parliamentary committees and various influential bodies.
- We prepare applications as well as provide financial support and expertise to cities applying to the Polish Constitutional Court.
- We initiate joint actions against legislative solutions disadvantageous to cities and we draft our own legislative proposals.
We offer expertise and substantive support
- We finance and provide our member cities with expert legal analyses.
- We support cities in their day-to-day and strategic management through the Self-Government Analysis System, a statistical database (1000 indicators for all cities in Poland) with data obtained directly from the cities as well as various public sources of statistics concerning important areas of local governments’ activity in cities.
- We provide opportunities for our members to take part in numerous projects financed by external funds and concerning matters important to local governments, e.g. development, participation, education, climate, administrative services and public-private partnership.
We make experience exchange possible
- We promote good urban practices (competitions, Good Practice Database, publications).
- We provide substantive assistance in solving problems facing the Association’s member cities.
- We organise thematic conferences, seminars, workshops and Experience Exchange Groups for our member cities.
We support promotion and information activities
- We run campaigns enhancing the image of local governments in collaboration with the Association’s member cities.
- We have our own information channels – the Samorząd Miejski monthly, APC’s self-government portal www.miasta.pl, Facebook profile, newsletter, mailing, guide for local government units (information about external funds), and we prepare publications on the quality of public services and governance.
- We cooperate regularly with journalists, organise briefings and press conferences, work with the spokespersons of cities, editors of municipal newspapers and employees of promotion offices.
We cooperate with international partners
- We represent the interests of our members in European self-government organisations, e.g. the Council of European Municipalities and Regions (CEMR), Congress of Local and Regional Authorities (CLRAE) and Committee of the Regions.
- We run projects in collaboration with associations of local governments in Europe (conferences, study visits, platforms for experience sharing).
- We support our member cities in their search for international partners (nearly 30% of all international partnerships involving Polish local governments were established with the Association’s help).
Our main project: